- AS & A2 Courses
- BTEC Courses
- Sixth Form Studies
- Altwood Main Website
Students will be admitted to Year 12, subject to the following criteria:
- Altwood CofE School operates a fully inclusive policy, within which every student has access to an appropriate curriculum. All students will be considered for the Sixth Form on their individual merits.
- Students who wish to embark on Level 3 courses (AS and BTEC National Diploma) must achieve 5 A* – C GCSE grades including English and Maths. Some subjects may explicitly state that a minimum of grade B at GCSE is required or entry of a higher level paper, if the subject is to be taken at AS level.
- Students who join the Sixth Form will be required to show motivation, commitment and a desire to succeed in their academic studies, as well as contributing to the community life of the school. This will include compliance with all relevant school policies including at least 95% attendance and the Sixth Form Dress Code.
- Students who join Year 12 will be expected to have had a good attendance and conduct record during Years 10 and 11. Students who wish to join year 12, must have demonstrated a positive and constructive attitude to their GCSE studies
- All students who wish to enter year 12 will be invited to a Post 16 Progression Interview with a senior member of staff. This invitation will be issued to all the students at the beginning of Term 3. All interviews will be conducted over Terms 3 and 4.
- A letter confirming a student’s place, stating the course and subjects they wish to study will be issued by the end of Term 4.
On GCSE Results Day staff will be available to give advice and guidance.
Altwood Sixth Form Application Procedure:
Wednesday 5th December 2012 – Year 11 Subject Fair during Lifeskills
|Friday 14th December – Sixth Form Open Morning 9.10am (Parents and Students invited)|
|Wednesday 19th December 2012 – Year 11 Sixth Form Taster Day and Experience|
|Thursday 17th January 2013 – Sixth Form Opportunities Evening for Students and Parents|
|Thursday 13th February 2014 – Closing date for applications for Altwood Sixth Form|
| Monday 24th February 2014 to Friday 21st March – ‘Next Steps` Progression Meetings
(Students and Parents invited) conducted with Senior Staff and the Key Stage Five Team
|Wednesday 27th March – Sixth Form ‘Offer’ Letters issued to Year 11 students|
|Wednesday 3rd June and Thursday 4th June 2013 – Sixth Form Induction Days|