- To be given copies of specifications or exam courses.
- To have completed work marked and returned promptly.
- To receive constructive feedback on how work can be improved.
- To receive advice on strategies for learning in individual subjects.
- Dedicated Learning Adviser service.
- Quality careers advice and information.
- Guidance on university applications (UCAS).
- To attend a higher education conference.
|Community involvement opportunities
||To be given the opportunity to be:
- a Prefect;
- a member of Altwood Parliament;
- a member of the Sixth Form Committee;
- Head of Parliament;
- engage in meaningful community service each week.
|Trips and visits
||To be given the opportunity:
- to have the opportunity to take part in associated trips
- and visits relating to Business and Enterprise e.g. Madrid;
- to take part in relevant curriculum related visits
e.g. field trips, gallery visits;
- social development and interests trips e.g. skiing.
|The Sixth Form Centre
- To have the access to dedicated computer facilities in the Sixth Form Centre.
- To have the use of the study area in the Sixth Form Centre.
- To have access to the social and kitchen area in the Sixth Form Centre before school, during break and during lunchtimes.
- To take part in inter-school competitions. e.g. Young Enterprise.
- To represent the school at various meetings and events.
- Activity (Longridge) and cultural (London theatre) trips.
- Organising and running discos in Years 7 and 8.
- Safe guarding training for all Sixth Formers.
- Mentoring of students in Year 7 – 9.
- Two day Induction in July, including team building with the Army.
- To have the opportunity to represent the school in a range of sports.
- To have access to the school’s sports facilities.
- To coach and mentor students in sports in Years 7 – 11.