- AS & A2 Courses
- BTEC Courses
- Sixth Form Studies
- Altwood Main Website
First Award in Business Level 1/2
BTEC First Award in Business Level 1/2
Examination Board: Edexcel (1year course in Sixth form)
(Equivalent to 1 GCSE)
A BTEC First Award in Business is a nationally recognised work-related qualification designed to provide students with a choice of routes into further education or employment. The qualification comprises 4 units, three coursework based and one external assessment.
There are two routes:
- 1. Two core units (compulsory) plus two optional specialist units or
- 2. Two core units plus one specialist unit and one generic unit
Unit 1 Enterprise in the Business World (Internal assessment)
Unit 2 Finance for Business (External assessment)
The above are the two compulsory units. There will be a selection of other units to be confirmed.
On successful completion of the course students are awarded:
Pass, Merit, Distinction or Distinction *
You should have a lively and enquiring mind, have an interest in business and a willingness to explore new ideas as well as communicate ideas effectively. This course will appeal to those who:
- · have an interest in business;
- · enjoy studying a subject that is relevant to life experiences;
- · are interested in developing an understanding of how business influences everyday life;
- · wish to build up a qualification by studying individual units.
- · Enjoy coursework
Students gaining BTEC First Award in Business will have access to a range of career and further education opportunities. Students can progress to the BTEC National in Business.
Further information: Contact Mrs M Matthews